Settings

Home Site
Notification
Push Notifications
Contact Us
Greenwich Daily Voice serves Greenwich, CT

Menu

Greenwich Daily Voice serves Greenwich, CT
police & fire

Man Rescued From Greenwich Home After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Greenwich Police and firefighters rescued a man after a carbon dioxide poisoning in Greenwich on Saturday, according to Greenwich Time.
Greenwich Police and firefighters rescued a man after a carbon dioxide poisoning in Greenwich on Saturday, according to Greenwich Time. Photo Credit: File

GREENWICH, Conn. — A man was rescued from a home on Old Kings Highway in Greenwich on Saturday after a carbon monoxide exposure, according to Greenwich Time.

Police and firefighters responded to the home on Saturday on a report of an alarm and an unconscious male, Greenwich Time reported. Fumes were believed to be coming from a car in the garage, according to Greenwich Time.

The first police officer who arrived on scene opened doors and windows to ventilate the area, and firefighters equipped with oxygen masks went in and pulled the resident out, according to Greenwich Time. The man was taken to Norwalk Hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Greenwich Time.

There was nobody else in the house, and the carbon monoxide exposure is believed to have been accidental, police told Greenwich Time. The investigation is continuing, according to Greenwich Time.

Click here to read the Greenwich Time story.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Greenwich Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.