GREENWICH, Conn. — The man who died after being hit by a train Wednesday night in Greenwich has been identified as Alexander Bertrand, said Marjorie Anders, a spokeswoman with Metro-North.
Bertrand, 21, was a resident of North Woodmere, N.Y., Anders said.
According to earlier reports, Bertrand was on the tracks near Davis Avenue when he was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. He still was alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital before dying of his injuries.
The investigation into whether Bertrand's death was an accident or a suicide was continuing, Anders said.
Rail service was shut down after the incident but was fully restored several hours later.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview