GREENWICH, Conn. -- It was the Apple of a man's eye, but it didn't last long as a Meriden man was arrested as he tried to steal an Apple product from the company's Greenwich Avenue store Sunday morning, police said.
The man was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. as store staff noticed the man leaving with a product, police said. Nearby officers quickly arrested the man, police said.
Rodney Lawton Scudder, 58, of 163 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Meriden, was charged with sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $1,000, and he was given a first appearance in state Superior Court of Stamford on Aug. 18.
The item is suspected of taking was not in the police report.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Greenwich Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms