GREENWICH, Conn. -- It was the Apple of a man's eye, but it didn't last long as a Meriden man was arrested as he tried to steal an Apple product from the company's Greenwich Avenue store Sunday morning, police said.
The man was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. as store staff noticed the man leaving with a product, police said. Nearby officers quickly arrested the man, police said.
Rodney Lawton Scudder, 58, of 163 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Meriden, was charged with sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $1,000, and he was given a first appearance in state Superior Court of Stamford on Aug. 18.
The item is suspected of taking was not in the police report.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich