GREENWICH, Conn. -- It was the Apple of a man's eye, but it didn't last long as a Meriden man was arrested as he tried to steal an Apple product from the company's Greenwich Avenue store Sunday morning, police said.
The man was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. as store staff noticed the man leaving with a product, police said. Nearby officers quickly arrested the man, police said.
Rodney Lawton Scudder, 58, of 163 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Meriden, was charged with sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $1,000, and he was given a first appearance in state Superior Court of Stamford on Aug. 18.
The item is suspected of taking was not in the police report.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies