GREENWICH, Conn. -- It was the Apple of a man's eye, but it didn't last long as a Meriden man was arrested as he tried to steal an Apple product from the company's Greenwich Avenue store Sunday morning, police said.
The man was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. as store staff noticed the man leaving with a product, police said. Nearby officers quickly arrested the man, police said.
Rodney Lawton Scudder, 58, of 163 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Meriden, was charged with sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $1,000, and he was given a first appearance in state Superior Court of Stamford on Aug. 18.
The item is suspected of taking was not in the police report.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Greenwich
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight