GREENWICH, Conn. -- It was the Apple of a man's eye, but it didn't last long as a Meriden man was arrested as he tried to steal an Apple product from the company's Greenwich Avenue store Sunday morning, police said.
The man was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. as store staff noticed the man leaving with a product, police said. Nearby officers quickly arrested the man, police said.
Rodney Lawton Scudder, 58, of 163 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Meriden, was charged with sixth-degree larceny. Bond was set at $1,000, and he was given a first appearance in state Superior Court of Stamford on Aug. 18.
The item is suspected of taking was not in the police report.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 3 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge Near Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton