PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Port Chester Police were searching for the killer of a 21-year-old man who was shot on a village street early Saturday.
Police received a 911 call at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday that a man had been shot once in the chest at close range in front of a home at 16 S. Regent St., Police Chief Joseph M. Krzeminski said. Friends took the victim, Wilfredo Rivera, to Greenwich Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Krzeminski said he could not comment on whether there were witnesses or a possible reason for the shooting. Police did not know whether Rivera was armed, he said.
Anyone with information about the shooting should contact the detective division of the Port Chester Police Department at 914-938-8419.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire