GREENWICH, Conn. – The ex-husband of former Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro was arrested on domestic abuse charges Thursday night at the new J-House hotel in Greenwich, police reported Friday.
Police arrived at the upscale hotel at 1114 E. Putnam Ave. on the report of a verbal domestic incident that appeared to be escalating. Security staff pointed out the couple having the argument.
The staff told police that Albert James Pirro, 65, of 5 Renaissance Square, White Plains, N.Y., was grabbing a woman’s wrists and vigorously shaking her. He was refusing to allow her to leave the building. Staff also told police that the argument was alarming other guests, and the woman seemed to be in distress.
Pirro, a lawyer in White Plains, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was released on a promise to appear in domestic violence court Friday.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'