GREENWICH, Conn. – The ex-husband of former Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro was arrested on domestic abuse charges Thursday night at the new J-House hotel in Greenwich, police reported Friday.
Police arrived at the upscale hotel at 1114 E. Putnam Ave. on the report of a verbal domestic incident that appeared to be escalating. Security staff pointed out the couple having the argument.
The staff told police that Albert James Pirro, 65, of 5 Renaissance Square, White Plains, N.Y., was grabbing a woman’s wrists and vigorously shaking her. He was refusing to allow her to leave the building. Staff also told police that the argument was alarming other guests, and the woman seemed to be in distress.
Pirro, a lawyer in White Plains, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was released on a promise to appear in domestic violence court Friday.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Greenwich Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms