GREENWICH, Conn. – The ex-husband of former Westchester District Attorney Jeanine Pirro was arrested on domestic abuse charges Thursday night at the new J-House hotel in Greenwich, police reported Friday.
Police arrived at the upscale hotel at 1114 E. Putnam Ave. on the report of a verbal domestic incident that appeared to be escalating. Security staff pointed out the couple having the argument.
The staff told police that Albert James Pirro, 65, of 5 Renaissance Square, White Plains, N.Y., was grabbing a woman’s wrists and vigorously shaking her. He was refusing to allow her to leave the building. Staff also told police that the argument was alarming other guests, and the woman seemed to be in distress.
Pirro, a lawyer in White Plains, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was released on a promise to appear in domestic violence court Friday.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Return To Greenwich For Monday Morning Commute