GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Lee Whitnum was arrested and charged with breach of peace after attempting to bite a judicial marshal at the Stamford Courthouse on Thursday, April 24, according to the Stamford Advocate. Whitnum, however has a different view of the incident.
Lee Whitnum, 53, had a dispute with another patron in the law library over paper stacked near a printer, the Advocate said. Whitnum was warned by the law librarian that she would have her privileges revoked, the Stamford Advocate reported.
After a similar incident took place on Thursday, marshals attempted to escort Whitnum from the library, the Advocate said. It was then that she allegedly attempted to bite the marshal, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Whitnum contends she was exiting the library when asked to leave but was attacked by six marshals, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 4 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich
- 5 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich