GREENWICH, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Greenwich woman was charged Friday with swinging a golf club at her housekeeper during an argument over damage in the home on Old Round Hill Lane, police said.
Shari Gay Lampert had a "tumultuous argument with her housekeeper about alleged damage that was done within her residence while the victim was employed as a housekeeper and performing her duties there," said Greenwich Police spokesman Lt. Kraig Gray. The argument occurred on June 29.
Lampert demanded restitution for the alleged damage, Gray said. She also "brandished a golf club toward the victim and then entered the vehicle owned by the housekeeper, taking the victim's purse and removing all of her cash," Gray said.
Officers investigated the complaint of a "physical altercation" and probably cause was found, police said. Lampert turned herself in to police Friday and was arrested on charges of fifth-degree larceny and disorderly conduct.
Lampert was released on $2,000 bond and ordered to appear Aug. 1 in Stamford Superior Court.
- 1 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky