Greenwich Teen Charged In Theft of Jewelry Worth Thousands

  • Comment
Greenwich Police arrested a juvenile Monday on charges of stealing several thousand dollars worth of jewelry from a Greenwich home. Photo Credit: Eric Gendron

GREENWICH, Conn. – A Greenwich teen accused of stealing several thousand dollars worth of jewelry from a home on Chestnut Street was arrested Monday, police said.

The teen, whose name was not released because he is a juvenile, had recently been a guest at the home, police said. 

The victim reported the jewelry missing on Sunday, and an arrest warrant charging the juvenile with second-degree larceny was served on Monday.

The teen is scheduled to appear in Stamford Superior Court, Juvenile Matters, on Jan. 29.

Also from the Greenwich Police blotter: 

• Samuel Brito, 31, of Norwalk was arrested Saturday, Jan. 12, on a charge of violating a protective and several drug charges.

While conducting a motor vehicle stop, officers determined that there was an active protective order for a female in the car with Brito. The order stated that Brito was to have no contact with the female and was to stay at least 100 yards away from her.

During the stop, a department narcotics detection dog indicated the presence of a controlled substance in the vehicle.

A search turned up marijuana, a digital scale and numerous plastic baggies in the vehicle, according to police.

Brito was charged with violating a protective order, possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was released on a $5,000 surety bond on the charge of violating the protective order.

• Kevin Haven, 28, of Shelton was arrested by Greenwich police and charged with DWI and "wrestling" with officers at police headquarters, police said.

Haven was involved in a motor vehicle collision at the intersection of Church Street and E. Putnam Avenue. Police said they detected the odor of alcohol and gave Haven a field sobriety tests, which he failed.

While Haven was in custody at headquarters, police said, he "became combative" as officers attempted to place him in a detention cell. Haven wrestled the officers to the ground and had to be subdued with a Taser, according to Lt. Kraig Gray.

Haven was unable to post a $7,500 bond and was being held pending a Jan. 18 court date.

  • Comment


In Other News


Shaban Withdraws From Congressional Race, Backs GOP's Debicella


Another Cold Night In Greenwich Could Bring Frost


Boys & Girls Club Of Greenwich Names New Executive Director

Police & Fire

Greenwich Man Charged With Larceny Over Unreturned Rental Car


Eli Manning To Return To Greenwich For Guiding Eyes Golf Tournament