GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Police know the routine: When the bars in Connecticut close at 2 a.m. there will be people looking to cross over into Port Chester where they can keep the party going until 4 a.m., according to Patch.com.
As a result, the Greenwich Police department has stepped up its DWI details along the routes between Connecticut and the New York State border, Patch.com said.
The latest challenge for police, however, has been identifying drivers that are under the influence of prescription drugs, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital