GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich police will be collecting all unwanted firearms and ammunition for destruction Feb. 9 at the Greenwich Public Safety Complex, according to a press release.
Greenwich police will be accepting all rifles, shotguns, assault weapons, non-operational weapons, ammunition, carrying cases, holsters, BB/pellet guns and any other additional dangerous weapons, such as swords or knives.
The event is a collection and not a buyback, so no compensation will be given for turning in a firearm.
All firearms must be unloaded and transported in the trunk of a vehicle or in a box or bag. Ammunition should be in a separate container from any firearm.
Contact Deective. Anthony Fiscella at 203-622-8021 for more information
The Greenwich Daily Voice will have more on this event Tuesday.
- 1 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 4 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich