GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich police will be collecting all unwanted firearms and ammunition for destruction Feb. 9 at the Greenwich Public Safety Complex, according to a press release.
Greenwich police will be accepting all rifles, shotguns, assault weapons, non-operational weapons, ammunition, carrying cases, holsters, BB/pellet guns and any other additional dangerous weapons, such as swords or knives.
The event is a collection and not a buyback, so no compensation will be given for turning in a firearm.
All firearms must be unloaded and transported in the trunk of a vehicle or in a box or bag. Ammunition should be in a separate container from any firearm.
Contact Deective. Anthony Fiscella at 203-622-8021 for more information
The Greenwich Daily Voice will have more on this event Tuesday.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party