GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich police will be collecting all unwanted firearms and ammunition for destruction Feb. 9 at the Greenwich Public Safety Complex, according to a press release.
Greenwich police will be accepting all rifles, shotguns, assault weapons, non-operational weapons, ammunition, carrying cases, holsters, BB/pellet guns and any other additional dangerous weapons, such as swords or knives.
The event is a collection and not a buyback, so no compensation will be given for turning in a firearm.
All firearms must be unloaded and transported in the trunk of a vehicle or in a box or bag. Ammunition should be in a separate container from any firearm.
Contact Deective. Anthony Fiscella at 203-622-8021 for more information
The Greenwich Daily Voice will have more on this event Tuesday.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight