GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police charged a 39-year-old man after he allegedly tried to use a fake $100 bill at a pharmacy on Friday, March 21, according to ctnews.com.
Alberto Nieves of New York City allegedly attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes with a fake $100 bill. When the clerk noticed something suspicious, Nieves fled on foot, ctnews.com reported.
Police arrived after the cashier called them and found Nieves in the parking lot. It is not yet clear if this incident is connected to a similar attempt that occurred last week, according to ctnews.com
- 1 Seven Greenwich Billionaires Make Forbes 400 List
- 2 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Paul Tudor Jones II
- 3 Greenwich Man Man Nearly Drives Off Unmarked Dead-End Ramp
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station