GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police charged a 39-year-old man after he allegedly tried to use a fake $100 bill at a pharmacy on Friday, March 21, according to ctnews.com.
Alberto Nieves of New York City allegedly attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes with a fake $100 bill. When the clerk noticed something suspicious, Nieves fled on foot, ctnews.com reported.
Police arrived after the cashier called them and found Nieves in the parking lot. It is not yet clear if this incident is connected to a similar attempt that occurred last week, according to ctnews.com
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview