GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police charged a 39-year-old man after he allegedly tried to use a fake $100 bill at a pharmacy on Friday, March 21, according to ctnews.com.
Alberto Nieves of New York City allegedly attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes with a fake $100 bill. When the clerk noticed something suspicious, Nieves fled on foot, ctnews.com reported.
Police arrived after the cashier called them and found Nieves in the parking lot. It is not yet clear if this incident is connected to a similar attempt that occurred last week, according to ctnews.com
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists