GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police charged a 39-year-old man after he allegedly tried to use a fake $100 bill at a pharmacy on Friday, March 21, according to ctnews.com.
Alberto Nieves of New York City allegedly attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes with a fake $100 bill. When the clerk noticed something suspicious, Nieves fled on foot, ctnews.com reported.
Police arrived after the cashier called them and found Nieves in the parking lot. It is not yet clear if this incident is connected to a similar attempt that occurred last week, according to ctnews.com
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 It's All Fun And Games As Greenwich Opens New Cos Cob Park
- 3 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station