GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police charged a 39-year-old man after he allegedly tried to use a fake $100 bill at a pharmacy on Friday, March 21, according to ctnews.com.
Alberto Nieves of New York City allegedly attempted to purchase a pack of cigarettes with a fake $100 bill. When the clerk noticed something suspicious, Nieves fled on foot, ctnews.com reported.
Police arrived after the cashier called them and found Nieves in the parking lot. It is not yet clear if this incident is connected to a similar attempt that occurred last week, according to ctnews.com
- 1 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky