GREENWICH, Conn. -- Four men who were caught in the act of stealing mail near the Babcock Preserve in backcountry Greenwich were arrested Saturday, March 9, on mail theft, police told the CTPost.com.
Johnathan Blackwell, 22, Dayquan Jackson, 25, and Virgilio Obaldia, 28, all of Bridgeport; and Niko Nunez, 23, of Stratford, were apprehended by police officers doing surveillance in the area, ctpost.com said.
Authorities believe the men could be connected to a string of mail thefts plaguing the community. Each man was charged with sixth-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny and risk of injury to a minor, due to a child being in the car ctpost.com reported.
Greenwich police had warned Greenwich residents of mail thefts across town. Read more about it here on the Daily Voice.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care