GREENWICH, Conn. -- Four men who were caught in the act of stealing mail near the Babcock Preserve in backcountry Greenwich were arrested Saturday, March 9, on mail theft, police told the CTPost.com.
Johnathan Blackwell, 22, Dayquan Jackson, 25, and Virgilio Obaldia, 28, all of Bridgeport; and Niko Nunez, 23, of Stratford, were apprehended by police officers doing surveillance in the area, ctpost.com said.
Authorities believe the men could be connected to a string of mail thefts plaguing the community. Each man was charged with sixth-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny and risk of injury to a minor, due to a child being in the car ctpost.com reported.
Greenwich police had warned Greenwich residents of mail thefts across town. Read more about it here on the Daily Voice.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples