GREENWICH, Conn. -- Twenty-year Greenwich Police Department veteran Sgt. Roger Petrone died Thursday, Feb. 20, after a seven-year battle with ALS, according to Patch.com.
Petrone was a member of the police department's SWAT and SCUBA teams before the affliction, often known as Lou Gehrig's disease, forced him out of active duty, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party