GREENWICH, Conn. -- Twenty-year Greenwich Police Department veteran Sgt. Roger Petrone died Thursday, Feb. 20, after a seven-year battle with ALS, according to Patch.com.
Petrone was a member of the police department's SWAT and SCUBA teams before the affliction, often known as Lou Gehrig's disease, forced him out of active duty, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital