GREENWICH, Conn. -- Twenty-year Greenwich Police Department veteran Sgt. Roger Petrone died Thursday, Feb. 20, after a seven-year battle with ALS, according to Patch.com.
Petrone was a member of the police department's SWAT and SCUBA teams before the affliction, often known as Lou Gehrig's disease, forced him out of active duty, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists