NORWALK, Conn. – A 38-year-old Greenwich man was killed early Monday morning when his BMW went down an embankment and crashed on the Merritt Parkway, according to state and local authorities.
Daniel Taylor was pronounced dead by Norwalk Hospital paramedics at the scene of the 12:15 a.m. southbound crash, which occurred just before exit 40 B.
After driving off the road, the car caught fire, but state police extinguished it before Norwalk Fire Department personnel arrived, according to the fire department.
The crash caused the temporary shutdown of the Merritt in addition to the closure of a portion of nearby Creeping Hemlock Drive.
State police are continuing their investigation into the accident.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola