NORWALK, Conn. – A 38-year-old Greenwich man was killed early Monday morning when his BMW went down an embankment and crashed on the Merritt Parkway, according to state and local authorities.
Daniel Taylor was pronounced dead by Norwalk Hospital paramedics at the scene of the 12:15 a.m. southbound crash, which occurred just before exit 40 B.
After driving off the road, the car caught fire, but state police extinguished it before Norwalk Fire Department personnel arrived, according to the fire department.
The crash caused the temporary shutdown of the Merritt in addition to the closure of a portion of nearby Creeping Hemlock Drive.
State police are continuing their investigation into the accident.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station