GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich Fire Department had to return to a Taconic Road home Sunday morning to put out a fire that reignited after a blaze had engulfed the home Saturday afternoon.
When the department arrived at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday, the house was fully involved, Deputy Fire Chief Tom Nixon said. Part of the debris apparently began to smolder Sunday morning, which required the department to return to the home.
“The house had a lot of content,” Nixon said, and part of it relit.
Nixon said the structure was still intact, and the cause of the fire had yet to be determined.
On Saturday, the area had no fire hydrants and the team had to draft water from a nearby pond.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association