GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich Fire Department had to return to a Taconic Road home Sunday morning to put out a fire that reignited after a blaze had engulfed the home Saturday afternoon.
When the department arrived at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday, the house was fully involved, Deputy Fire Chief Tom Nixon said. Part of the debris apparently began to smolder Sunday morning, which required the department to return to the home.
“The house had a lot of content,” Nixon said, and part of it relit.
Nixon said the structure was still intact, and the cause of the fire had yet to be determined.
On Saturday, the area had no fire hydrants and the team had to draft water from a nearby pond.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say