UPDATE : GREENWICH, Conn. — The lockdown is over Wednesday afternoon at Greenwich High School, the police department announced via Twitter.
Here is the full text of the Tweet [typos fixed], which was sent at about 4 p.m.:
"GHS LockDown is over. No injuries. GPD investigation cont. Dismissal will be followed per BOE transportation plan. Thank You for your cooperation."
The school had been on lockdown since midday and dismissal had been delayed after an unspecified threat, police said.
CLICK HERE for an updated story on the investigation.
original story: GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich police are continuing to search Greenwich High School as it remains in lockdown following a noontime threat.
No other schools are involved and numerous police are on the scene, police said. Nobody has been injured and everyone is safe, police said. Police did not release many details, but said that it was not a bomb threat.
Students are being held at the school during the lockdown that has extended past the usual 2:15 p.m. dismissal. All other schools are conducting regular dismissal.
Tyler Phillips was one of the motorists parked outside the school waiting for students to be dismissed. He was waiting to pick up a friend's sister.
He's heard that students have been gathered together as police check bags and go through classrooms. He said he's heard from others in the lineup that the wait for the students to be dismissed could be anywhere from two to four hours.
"They said they are putting everyone in the auditorium," he said.
The recent GHS graduate said he had experienced a lockdown before in 2013 at the school.
"GHS is a great school and they follow lockdown procedures very well. I'm sure everyone inside is safe," he said. "I am kind of concerned for my friends because they have never experienced something like this but I am sure it will work out."