GREENWICH, Conn. -- Members of the Greenwich Firefighters Union are urging Town Board members to consider allocating more funds in the new budget to add more staff, saying current levels are putting firefighters at risk, according to greenwichtime.com.
Three of the fire stations that service Greenwich are staffed with the nationally recommended four firefighters, but the other three, Cos Cob, Sound Beach and Byram, have only two, greenwichtime.com said. Union leaders say working two-person engines is ineffective and dangerous, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Greenwich, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Greenwich Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Greenwich; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow