GREENWICH, Conn. -- Members of the Greenwich Firefighters Union are urging Town Board members to consider allocating more funds in the new budget to add more staff, saying current levels are putting firefighters at risk, according to greenwichtime.com.
Three of the fire stations that service Greenwich are staffed with the nationally recommended four firefighters, but the other three, Cos Cob, Sound Beach and Byram, have only two, greenwichtime.com said. Union leaders say working two-person engines is ineffective and dangerous, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich
- 3 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm