GREENWICH, Conn. -- Members of the Greenwich Firefighters Union are urging Town Board members to consider allocating more funds in the new budget to add more staff, saying current levels are putting firefighters at risk, according to greenwichtime.com.
Three of the fire stations that service Greenwich are staffed with the nationally recommended four firefighters, but the other three, Cos Cob, Sound Beach and Byram, have only two, greenwichtime.com said. Union leaders say working two-person engines is ineffective and dangerous, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of $50K In Fur Coats At Greenwich Sak's Is Nabbed
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm