GREENWICH, Conn. -- Members of the Greenwich Firefighters Union are urging Town Board members to consider allocating more funds in the new budget to add more staff, saying current levels are putting firefighters at risk, according to greenwichtime.com.
Three of the fire stations that service Greenwich are staffed with the nationally recommended four firefighters, but the other three, Cos Cob, Sound Beach and Byram, have only two, greenwichtime.com said. Union leaders say working two-person engines is ineffective and dangerous, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care