GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich Professional Firefighters Local 1042 its holding its annual Proud to Wear Pink campaign in support of breast cancer awareness and treatment.
This year the department is selling T-shirts, holding an awareness program during the month of September, and conducting a ‘Fill the Pink Boot’ campaign to raise money for the Breast Center at Greenwich Hospital and the Connecticut chapter of the Susan G. Komen Fund.
Custom-made navy blue T- shirts with the Local’s insignia and “Proud to Wear Pink” logo will be available for purchase along with the pink shirt used in previous fundraising events. Short-sleeved shirts are $15 and long-sleeved are $20.
Click here to purchase a shirt.
The awareness and ‘Fill the Pink Boot’ campaigns will be held in conjunction with the Breast Center at Greenwich Hospital's annual tying of pink ribbons on trees along Greenwich Avenue on Sept. 28.
Previous campaigns raised $6,000 to $7,000 from shirt sales and ‘Fill the Pink Boot’ efforts.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola