GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich fire truck that sustained major damage while rescuing two teens who fell through thin ice will need $35,000 in repairs to fix, according to Patch.
The teens were pulled from a pond on Willowmere Circle after they fell through thin ice Jan. 23.
The teens were transported to the Stamford Hospital emergency room, where they were treated and released to their parents. Read about the rescue here on the Daily Voice.
The engine crew was reportedly unaware of a speed bump on Willowmere Circle, ran over it and ripped the truck's oil pan.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists