GREENWICH, Conn. -- A Greenwich fire truck that sustained major damage while rescuing two teens who fell through thin ice will need $35,000 in repairs to fix, according to Patch.
The teens were pulled from a pond on Willowmere Circle after they fell through thin ice Jan. 23.
The teens were transported to the Stamford Hospital emergency room, where they were treated and released to their parents. Read about the rescue here on the Daily Voice.
The engine crew was reportedly unaware of a speed bump on Willowmere Circle, ran over it and ripped the truck's oil pan.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Paul Tudor Jones II
- 2 Seven Greenwich Billionaires Make Forbes 400 List
- 3 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Greenwich Man Man Nearly Drives Off Unmarked Dead-End Ramp