GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich Fire Department saved two boys who fell through the ice into a Riverside Pond on Thursday, Jan. 23, but it lost one of its fire engines in the process, according to Patch.com.
The fire engine hit a speed bump while rushing to the pond, causing heavy damage, Patch.com reported. The engine is currently out of commission for repairs.
- 1 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 4 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million
- 5 Greenwich Hospital Unveils Honor For Retiring CEO Frank Corvino