GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Greenwich Fire Department saved two boys who fell through the ice into a Riverside Pond on Thursday, Jan. 23, but it lost one of its fire engines in the process, according to Patch.com.
The fire engine hit a speed bump while rushing to the pond, causing heavy damage, Patch.com reported. The engine is currently out of commission for repairs.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Runs For Roses In Kentucky Derby
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 Greenwich's 'Time for Lyme' Gala Raises Over $850K For Research