GREENWICH, Conn. – Mario D'Abruzzo, 31, turned himself in to police Wednesday after being accused of assaulting a man in a McDonald's parking lot and stealing his Cadillac Escalade, Greenwich police said.
D'Abruzzo, of Scarsdale, N.Y., encountered the victim, whom he knew, in the parking lot of the McDonald's on West Putnam Avenue at about 2:30 p.m. Jan. 23, police said. After a brief physical altercation, D'Abruzzo took the victim's keys and drove off in his Escalade, valued at $70,000, police said.
The car was found in White Plains, N.Y., and a warrant was issued for D'Abruzzo's arrest.
D'Abruzzo was charged with first-degree larceny, third-degree robbery, third-degree assault and threatening. He was released after posting $20,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Feb. 6.
In other police news:
• Greenwich police are asking for the public's help after three burglaries and two larcenies were reported in and outside of homes in the King Street area north of the Merritt Parkway since Jan. 1.
Three homes were broken into with several items taken from each home, police said. Two Fed-Ex boxes were taken from the doorsteps of homes in separate incidents, police said.
The incidents are connected, Greenwich police said. Similar incidents have been reported in Rye Brook, N.Y., along the King Street corridor, police said.
Several homes that had been unoccupied for an extended period had been targeted, Greenwich police spokesman Lt. Kraig Gray said. He urged residents to have neighbors keep an eye on their homes if they are away.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Greenwich Police tip line at 800-372-1176.
• An iPhone was reported stolen from a car in the parking lot of Equinox Gym on Old Track Road at about 7 p.m. Wednesday, Greenwich police said.
Two windows were smashed on the vehicle, police said. The iPhone was the only item taken, police said. The victim was inside the gym at the time of the theft, police said.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies