GREENWICH, Conn. – Guilherme Chaves, 39, a Danbury resident and a contracted employee at the Greenwich Audubon Center, was arrested after a female said she discovered him masturbating in the center, according to police.
Chaves was arrested after arriving officers conducted an investigation of the scene.
Chaves is charged with second-degree breach of the peace and public indecency.
He was released after posting a $500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Feb. 13.
In other police news:
- Two juveniles were arrested on Feb. 5 after a month-and-a-half-long investigation into the alleged assault and theft of a cellphone from a male victim. A juvenile male was allegedly assaulted by five males on Nov. 23, according to Greenwich police. Two juvenile males were arrested after interviews of the suspect and eyewitness interviews. The two juvenile suspects were each charged with second-degree robbery and third-degree assault. They were to appear in the Juvenile Matters branch of Stamford Superior Court on Feb. 12.
- A snow blower valued at just under $1,000 was reported stolen from a garage at 325 Delavan Ave. on Friday. The owner of the snow blower reported that the garage had been locked. The owner also claimed that a snow blower was also stolen from the same garage a year earlier, but it was not reported to the police.
- Two radar detectors, valued at $400 each, were reported stolen from unlocked cars in the driveway of 220 Stanwich Road.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect Grabs $50K In Fur Coats From Greenwich's Saks Fifth Avenue
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm