GREENWICH, Conn. – A fire that destroyed an excavating machine at a construction site on Lockwood Road on Wednesday night has been ruled as arson, according to Greenwich Police spokesperson Lt. Kraig Gray.
Dispatch received several calls regarding sounds of an explosion and reports of a fire. The excavating machine was fully engulfed in flames when police arrived at the scene.
The machine is estimated to be worth $150,000 dollars and is a "total loss," according to Gray.
"There were several suspicious circumstances and facts that were revealed at the time of the investigation," Gray said. "It is currently being investigated as arson."
Anyone with information regarding the fire is encouraged to contact the Greenwich Police tip line. No one was injured as a result of the explosion or fire.
- 1 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List
- 2 Greenwich Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Greenwich Tuesday
- 5 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted