GREENWICH, Conn. – A fire that destroyed an excavating machine at a construction site on Lockwood Road on Wednesday night has been ruled as arson, according to Greenwich Police spokesperson Lt. Kraig Gray.
Dispatch received several calls regarding sounds of an explosion and reports of a fire. The excavating machine was fully engulfed in flames when police arrived at the scene.
The machine is estimated to be worth $150,000 dollars and is a "total loss," according to Gray.
"There were several suspicious circumstances and facts that were revealed at the time of the investigation," Gray said. "It is currently being investigated as arson."
Anyone with information regarding the fire is encouraged to contact the Greenwich Police tip line. No one was injured as a result of the explosion or fire.
- 1 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich