GREENWICH, Conn. – A fire that destroyed an excavating machine at a construction site on Lockwood Road on Wednesday night has been ruled as arson, according to Greenwich Police spokesperson Lt. Kraig Gray.
Dispatch received several calls regarding sounds of an explosion and reports of a fire. The excavating machine was fully engulfed in flames when police arrived at the scene.
The machine is estimated to be worth $150,000 dollars and is a "total loss," according to Gray.
"There were several suspicious circumstances and facts that were revealed at the time of the investigation," Gray said. "It is currently being investigated as arson."
Anyone with information regarding the fire is encouraged to contact the Greenwich Police tip line. No one was injured as a result of the explosion or fire.
- 1 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 2 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 3 Suspect Grabs $50K In Fur Coats From Greenwich's Saks Fifth Avenue
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm