GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich fire crews responding to a fire on Binney Lane Monday night were forced to flee before the blaze could be extinguished due to rapidly rising flood waters from Hurricane Sandy, the Greenwich Fire Department said.
One home on Binney Lane was a "total loss" and several other structures were damaged by the fire, according to published reports.
The residents of the home were reportedly evacuated.
Check back with The Greenwich Daily Voice for updates throughout the storm.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 4 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 5 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich