GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich fire crews responding to a fire on Binney Lane Monday night were forced to flee before the blaze could be extinguished due to rapidly rising flood waters from Hurricane Sandy, the Greenwich Fire Department said.
One home on Binney Lane was a "total loss" and several other structures were damaged by the fire, according to published reports.
The residents of the home were reportedly evacuated.
Check back with The Greenwich Daily Voice for updates throughout the storm.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million