GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich fire crews responding to a fire on Binney Lane Monday night were forced to flee before the blaze could be extinguished due to rapidly rising flood waters from Hurricane Sandy, the Greenwich Fire Department said.
One home on Binney Lane was a "total loss" and several other structures were damaged by the fire, according to published reports.
The residents of the home were reportedly evacuated.
Check back with The Greenwich Daily Voice for updates throughout the storm.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead