GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich fire crews responding to a fire on Binney Lane Monday night were forced to flee before the blaze could be extinguished due to rapidly rising flood waters from Hurricane Sandy, the Greenwich Fire Department said.
One home on Binney Lane was a "total loss" and several other structures were damaged by the fire, according to published reports.
The residents of the home were reportedly evacuated.
Check back with The Greenwich Daily Voice for updates throughout the storm.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm