GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich fire crews responding to a fire on Binney Lane Monday night were forced to flee before the blaze could be extinguished due to rapidly rising flood waters from Hurricane Sandy, the Greenwich Fire Department said.
One home on Binney Lane was a "total loss" and several other structures were damaged by the fire, according to published reports.
The residents of the home were reportedly evacuated.
Check back with The Greenwich Daily Voice for updates throughout the storm.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care