GREENWICH, Conn. — It was a fundraising event that Republicans won't soon forget after a fire broke out in the basement of the Greenwich home hosting the event Thursday night, Greenwich Time said.
The mansion in the exclusive Belle Haven neighborhood was crowded with people attending a fundraiser for gubernatorial candidate Steve Obsitnik of Westport, but everyone was evacuated safely, Greenwich Time said.
The smoky fire began just before 8 p.m. in the home owned by Susan Bevan, national co-chair of the Republican Majority for Choice, a pro-choice group, Greenwich Time said.
Click here for the story at the Greenwich Time.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.