GREENWICH, Conn. -- The U.S. Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security are warning Greenwich-area residents that at least five counterfeit $100 bills are being passed locally, according to a release.
Five bills have been identified so far with the serial numbers DB016240A, DB124240A, DJ863653A, DJ663653A and FL993241B.
The counterfeit bills can also be identified by a small "77" on the backside of the bill just above the number "100" in the lower-righthand corner.
If anyone attempts to pass one of the listed counterfeit notes, the Secret Service is asking as much information is obtained about the individual passing the note as possible. Then local police and the U.S. Secret Service New Haven Resident Office at 203-865-2449, should be contacted.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists