GREENWICH, Conn. -- The U.S. Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security are warning Greenwich-area residents that at least five counterfeit $100 bills are being passed locally, according to a release.
Five bills have been identified so far with the serial numbers DB016240A, DB124240A, DJ863653A, DJ663653A and FL993241B.
The counterfeit bills can also be identified by a small "77" on the backside of the bill just above the number "100" in the lower-righthand corner.
If anyone attempts to pass one of the listed counterfeit notes, the Secret Service is asking as much information is obtained about the individual passing the note as possible. Then local police and the U.S. Secret Service New Haven Resident Office at 203-865-2449, should be contacted.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Runs For Roses In Kentucky Derby