GREENWICH, Conn. -- The U.S. Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security are warning Greenwich-area residents that at least five counterfeit $100 bills are being passed locally, according to a release.
Five bills have been identified so far with the serial numbers DB016240A, DB124240A, DJ863653A, DJ663653A and FL993241B.
The counterfeit bills can also be identified by a small "77" on the backside of the bill just above the number "100" in the lower-righthand corner.
If anyone attempts to pass one of the listed counterfeit notes, the Secret Service is asking as much information is obtained about the individual passing the note as possible. Then local police and the U.S. Secret Service New Haven Resident Office at 203-865-2449, should be contacted.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You