RYE, N.Y. -- The suspect believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated, according to News 12 Westchester.
Jose Ramirez of Norwalk, Conn., was driving, with two passengers in his car, back to Connecticut from a bar in Westchester when he crashed into a Thruway truck, killing passenger Kelman Villa Santos of Norwalk, News 12 Westchester said.
Both Ramirez and the driver of the truck were taken to Westchester Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Greenwich Real Estate Agent From Houlihan Lawrence Earns Business Honor
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible