GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place