GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich