GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 Greenwich Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Expect More Snow: Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect In Greenwich