GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield