GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 Lisa Marie D'Angelo, 42, Of Old Greenwich, Worked As Nurse’s Aide
- 2 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 3 Greenwich Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy