GREENWICH, Conn. -- More than 800 candidates applied to become a Greenwich firefighter, but Michael Varanelli stood out from the rest to become the next member of the force, according to Patch.com.
Varanelli is in the Connecticut Army National Guard 143rd Military Police Company and has served as a volunteer firefighter, Patch.com reported.
The newest recruit was sworn in on Tuesday, Feb. 4, and now heads to the Connecticut Fire Academy in Windsor Locks, Patch.com said.
- 1 Greenwich Selects New Town Administrator From Post With Schools
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Greenwich
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 MakerBot Shuts Down 3D Printing Retail Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Organizers Look To Premiere A New Kind Of Film Festival For Greenwich