GREENWICH, Conn. – Two men suspected of firing guns out of their car were arrested on Sunday after police found an AR-15 style assault rifle, three handguns and ammunition in their car, according to the Greenwich Police.
Anthony Cardile, 22, of Greenwich, and Patrick Kelly, 25, of Middletown, N.Y., were taken into custody after a "high risk" traffic stop at the intersection of North Street and Lower Cross Road, Greenwich police said.
Both men were found to be under the influence of alcohol and empty alcohol containers were found in the vehicle, according to the police report.
The two men were charged with 14 counts of unlawful discharge of firearms, the police report said,.
Cardile was individually charged with criminal possession of a firearm.
Both suspects were held at the Greenwich Police Department in lieu of their respective $100,000 bond. Cardile and Kelly are scheduled to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Nov. 19.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples