GREENWICH, Conn.-- Seventeen Greenwich Police Cadet Explorers participated along with 375 other Police Cadets in the 4th Annual Cadet Police Academy, which was held at the University of Hartford this past summer.
The Cadet Police Academy is a paramilitary style Police Academy for Police Explorers and Cadets ages 13 to 21.
The instruction covered both classroom and hands-on training in police related topics. Cadets also participated in the Cadet Police Department, where they respond to scenarios and are evaluated on the various skills learned in past programs.
The Greenwich Police Cadets won numerous awards:
- Cadet Christian Siliva won the basic program marching competition award.
- Cadet Sarah Carlo won the 2nd Place overall academic award.
- Cadet Sabrina Wala and Liz Termini won the 1st place DWI investigation award.
- Julia Tedesco won 3rd place crime scene award.
- Jason Delvecchio won 1st place Practical Skill competition out of 72 cadets.
- Cadet Sergeant Karla Morales won 2nd place practical skills competition.
The Greenwich Cadets will also participate in the 2014 National Explorer Conference, which will be held in Indiana in July 2014.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.