GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenwich-based organization Kids In Crisis, a 24-hour support group to help children and families with conflict, submitted this letter concerning the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
Friday morning’s tragic event at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown is an unfathomable tragedy. Kids in Crisis is here to help the community in any way needed, including providing emotional and therapeutic support for parents, students and school staff, and serving as a resource for the community.
Kids in Crisis has assembled its Crisis Response Team and will have Crisis Counselors and Clinicians available to anyone in the community throughout the weekend and into next week.
Our 24-hour Crisis Hotline (203-327-KIDS) is a resource to anyone that needs support, including students, teachers, parents and community providers.
We are available to meet individually with staff and students within schools, or act as a support to each school’s crisis team as needed. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here for you, and together we will get through this horrific atrocity that has shaken Fairfield County, and the nation.
Executive Director, Kids in Crisis
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies