GREENWICH, Conn. — The Greenwich Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to Greenwich reporter Eric Gendron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the Editor:
As a Cos Cob resident I am writing to express my deepest concern about Greenwich Reform Synagogue's proposed development on Orchard Street in Cos Cob.
The 20,000-square-foot project that includes plans for 100 parking spaces, a sanctuary, social hall, a chapel, a warming kitchen, approximately 10 classrooms, a board room, four offices and more is certainly not the right development for this densely packed residential neighborhood. Residents are up in arms and rightly so considering the devastating implications for increased traffic, noise, lights, wetland destruction. The fact that, for reasons unknown, many have only just found out about the project makes its proposal all the more upsetting.
Those concerned should come to the next P&Z meeting Tuesday, Nov. 27, at 7 p.m.
Susan Whitaker Capparelle
Cos Cob, Conn.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 4 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.