NASHVILLE, Tenn. - William D. Fraad Jr. of Nashville Tenn., formerly of Greenwich, Wednesday, July 23. He was 56.
Fraad was previously a Greenwich resident who graduated from Greenwich High School in 1975 and graduated from the University of Connecticut in 1979. He was a U.S. Army officer and a Black Hawk Helicopter pilot in Command, stationed in Germany and Cyprus. After retiring from military service, he flew fixed wing aircraft, as a captain, for American Eagle Airlines.
Fraad is survived by his parents, Annette and William Fraad of Greenwich and Stuart, Fla.; sister, Partricia Fraad Shanafelt (Tab Shanafelt); and a nephew and a niece.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at St. Michael the Archangel Parish, 469 North St., Greenwich. Interment will follow at Putnam Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to his favorite charity UNICEF at www.unicef.org.
For more information, visit www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Greenwich Hospital Unveils Honor For Retiring CEO Frank Corvino