GREENWICH, Conn. – Virginia "Jean" Braccio, formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 10 after a prolonged illness at Glen Hill Care and Rehabilitation Center in Danbury. She was 82.
A longtime resident of Greenwich, she later lived in Stamford.
Braccio was born Aug. 7, 1930, in Greenwich to Lena Anna and Jacob Kaldus. She graduated from St. Mary School and Greenwich High School. She later graduated from Stamford Hair Dressing Academy.
She was predeceased by her husband of 49 years, Peter A Braccio; and three sisters, Agnes Kaldus, Lucy Kaldus and Carolyn Castiglione. She is survived by a daughter, Wendy (Charles) Borchetta, of Newtown; a son, Peter G. (Rachel) Braccio, of Carmel Valley, Calif; a sister, Barbara Goulemas; and five grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Roch Church in Greenwich. Burial will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Greenwich. Honan Funeral Home is handling arrangements,
Memorial donations may be made to Project Appalachia, c/o Jackie Greenfield, 59 Farview Farm Road, West Redding, CT 06896.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists