GREENWICH, Conn. – Virginia "Jean" Braccio, formerly of Greenwich, died Jan. 10 after a prolonged illness at Glen Hill Care and Rehabilitation Center in Danbury. She was 82.
A longtime resident of Greenwich, she later lived in Stamford.
Braccio was born Aug. 7, 1930, in Greenwich to Lena Anna and Jacob Kaldus. She graduated from St. Mary School and Greenwich High School. She later graduated from Stamford Hair Dressing Academy.
She was predeceased by her husband of 49 years, Peter A Braccio; and three sisters, Agnes Kaldus, Lucy Kaldus and Carolyn Castiglione. She is survived by a daughter, Wendy (Charles) Borchetta, of Newtown; a son, Peter G. (Rachel) Braccio, of Carmel Valley, Calif; a sister, Barbara Goulemas; and five grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Roch Church in Greenwich. Burial will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Greenwich. Honan Funeral Home is handling arrangements,
Memorial donations may be made to Project Appalachia, c/o Jackie Greenfield, 59 Farview Farm Road, West Redding, CT 06896.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care