TAMPA, Fla. - Vernon G. Browne, of Tampa, and formerly of Greenwich, Conn., died Jan. 17. He was 73.
Browne was born in Hastings, Neb. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1963. After marriage in 1964, he settled in Greenwich for 27 years with his wife. He served as a Naval aviator, and was awarded numerous commendations. He worked for many years as an executive in the flavor and fragrance industry for Norda, Inc.
Browne is survived by his wife, Elsie; sons, Brad of Greenwich, Jeff and Chris; and two grandchildren; brother, Tom; and sister, Susan.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 22 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher Funeral Home, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 23 at St. Michaels Church, 469 North St., Greenwich.
- 1 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 4 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt In Greenwich During Obama's Visit