GREENWICH, Conn. - Susan V. Stein of Greenwich died Monday, July 28. She was 74.
Stein was born May 3, 1940, in Syracuse, N.Y., to Marion and Myron Volpert. She was a graduate of Cornell University with a bachelor's degree in 1962, Hunter College with a master's degree in 1966, and the City University of New York with a doctorate in 1984. After Cornell, she began married life in Manhattan before moving to Greenwich. She taught statistics in the graduate program at Baruch College for 25 years. She was a member of the Metropolitan Opera Club, the Milbrook Club in Greenwich and the Queens Club in London.
Stein is survived by her husband, Steven J. Stein; children, Matthew Stein, Danny Stein and Victoria Stein Feltman; daughters-in-law of Kristen Vinyon Stein and Lauren Stein; son-in-law Joshua Feltman; nine grandchildren; and brother, Howard Volpert.
A memorial service will take place at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, at Temple Sholom, 300 E. Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
Donations may be made in memory of Susan Volpert Stein to Cornell University Alumni Affairs and Development Office, 130 E Seneca St., Suite 400, Ithaca NY 14850.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire