GREENWICH, Conn. - Stephen J. Sherry, a Greenwich resident his entire life, died Feb. 18. He was 80.
Sherry was born Oct. 25, 1933, in Stamford, to Stephen and Catherine (McAuliffe) Sherry. He attended Greenwich High School, served in the U.S. Army and was a Korean War Veteran. He retired after 35 years as a member of L.I.U.N.A, his last position was a business manager of Local #56 in Greenwich.
Sherry is survived by his wife, Carolyn (Vidone); daughters, Stacy (Robert) Mortenson and Sandi (Bunny) Curley, both of Greenwich; son, Shannon (Kerri) of Norwalk; step children, Keith (Rebecca) Lewandoski of Vermont, Joanne Lewandoski (Jonathan) Schonberg of Westport and Lori Lewandoski (Stephen) Keen of Stamford; six grandchildren; a great granddaughter; brother, Robert (Patricia) Sherry of Fairfield; and two nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, Sandra (Martin); son, Stephen; and granddaughter, Kelsey Curley.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21 at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 at St. Mary's Church, Greenwich Ave. Interment will be at St.Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'