GREENWICH, Conn. - Stephen J. Sherry, a Greenwich resident his entire life, died Feb. 18. He was 80.
Sherry was born Oct. 25, 1933, in Stamford, to Stephen and Catherine (McAuliffe) Sherry. He attended Greenwich High School, served in the U.S. Army and was a Korean War Veteran. He retired after 35 years as a member of L.I.U.N.A, his last position was a business manager of Local #56 in Greenwich.
Sherry is survived by his wife, Carolyn (Vidone); daughters, Stacy (Robert) Mortenson and Sandi (Bunny) Curley, both of Greenwich; son, Shannon (Kerri) of Norwalk; step children, Keith (Rebecca) Lewandoski of Vermont, Joanne Lewandoski (Jonathan) Schonberg of Westport and Lori Lewandoski (Stephen) Keen of Stamford; six grandchildren; a great granddaughter; brother, Robert (Patricia) Sherry of Fairfield; and two nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, Sandra (Martin); son, Stephen; and granddaughter, Kelsey Curley.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21 at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 at St. Mary's Church, Greenwich Ave. Interment will be at St.Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich