GREENWICH, Conn. - Stephen J. Sherry, a Greenwich resident his entire life, died Feb. 18. He was 80.
Sherry was born Oct. 25, 1933, in Stamford, to Stephen and Catherine (McAuliffe) Sherry. He attended Greenwich High School, served in the U.S. Army and was a Korean War Veteran. He retired after 35 years as a member of L.I.U.N.A, his last position was a business manager of Local #56 in Greenwich.
Sherry is survived by his wife, Carolyn (Vidone); daughters, Stacy (Robert) Mortenson and Sandi (Bunny) Curley, both of Greenwich; son, Shannon (Kerri) of Norwalk; step children, Keith (Rebecca) Lewandoski of Vermont, Joanne Lewandoski (Jonathan) Schonberg of Westport and Lori Lewandoski (Stephen) Keen of Stamford; six grandchildren; a great granddaughter; brother, Robert (Patricia) Sherry of Fairfield; and two nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, Sandra (Martin); son, Stephen; and granddaughter, Kelsey Curley.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21 at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 at St. Mary's Church, Greenwich Ave. Interment will be at St.Mary's Cemetery.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge Near Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Greenwich, NOAA Predicts