GREENWICH, Conn. – Romeo V. Sanna of Cos Cob died Nov. 13, surrounded by his family. He was 86.
He was born June 11, 1926, in Greenwich to John A. Sanna Sr. and Julia Vidone Sanna. He graduated from Greenwich High School and served in the Navy during World War II. Sanna worked for the Greenwich Post Office for 30 years. A member of the Redmen’s Association and American Legion, he marched in many parades.
Sanna is survived by his wife of 60 years, Catherine “Lee” Sanna; a son, Stephen Sanna; two daughters, Susan (John Jr.) Migliazza and Carol (Joseph) Zerbo; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother, John A. Sanna Jr.; and a sister, Julia Gatto.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Castiglione Funeral Home in Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Catherine of Siena Church in Riverside. Entombment with military honors will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 4 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.