GREENWICH, Conn. – Romeo V. Sanna of Cos Cob died Nov. 13, surrounded by his family. He was 86.
He was born June 11, 1926, in Greenwich to John A. Sanna Sr. and Julia Vidone Sanna. He graduated from Greenwich High School and served in the Navy during World War II. Sanna worked for the Greenwich Post Office for 30 years. A member of the Redmen’s Association and American Legion, he marched in many parades.
Sanna is survived by his wife of 60 years, Catherine “Lee” Sanna; a son, Stephen Sanna; two daughters, Susan (John Jr.) Migliazza and Carol (Joseph) Zerbo; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by a brother, John A. Sanna Jr.; and a sister, Julia Gatto.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Castiglione Funeral Home in Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Catherine of Siena Church in Riverside. Entombment with military honors will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich