GREENWICH, Conn. - Rita Bella, a lifelong Greenwich resident, died March 4. She was 81.
Bella was the daughter of Helen Timney and John Zachar of Byram. She attended schools in Greenwich, graduating from Greenwich High in 1950. She was the captain of the Greenwich chapter of the Women's International Bowling Congress for years. She had a career with Harris Insurance and at Mortimer and Mortimer (later William Pitt and Sotheby's) as a Realtor.
Bella is survived by her sons, Daniel Bella and Jeff Bella; sister, Patricia Connolly; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Ellwood Bella.
A memorial service will be held Friday, March 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home at 31 Arch St., Greenwich. She will be laid to rest in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight