GREENWICH, Conn. - Rita Bella, a lifelong Greenwich resident, died March 4. She was 81.
Bella was the daughter of Helen Timney and John Zachar of Byram. She attended schools in Greenwich, graduating from Greenwich High in 1950. She was the captain of the Greenwich chapter of the Women's International Bowling Congress for years. She had a career with Harris Insurance and at Mortimer and Mortimer (later William Pitt and Sotheby's) as a Realtor.
Bella is survived by her sons, Daniel Bella and Jeff Bella; sister, Patricia Connolly; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Ellwood Bella.
A memorial service will be held Friday, March 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home at 31 Arch St., Greenwich. She will be laid to rest in Greenwich.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Greenwich Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms