GREENWICH, Conn. - Rita Bella, a lifelong Greenwich resident, died March 4. She was 81.
Bella was the daughter of Helen Timney and John Zachar of Byram. She attended schools in Greenwich, graduating from Greenwich High in 1950. She was the captain of the Greenwich chapter of the Women's International Bowling Congress for years. She had a career with Harris Insurance and at Mortimer and Mortimer (later William Pitt and Sotheby's) as a Realtor.
Bella is survived by her sons, Daniel Bella and Jeff Bella; sister, Patricia Connolly; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Ellwood Bella.
A memorial service will be held Friday, March 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home at 31 Arch St., Greenwich. She will be laid to rest in Greenwich.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Greenwich