GREENWICH, Conn. - Rita Bella, a lifelong Greenwich resident, died March 4. She was 81.
Bella was the daughter of Helen Timney and John Zachar of Byram. She attended schools in Greenwich, graduating from Greenwich High in 1950. She was the captain of the Greenwich chapter of the Women's International Bowling Congress for years. She had a career with Harris Insurance and at Mortimer and Mortimer (later William Pitt and Sotheby's) as a Realtor.
Bella is survived by her sons, Daniel Bella and Jeff Bella; sister, Patricia Connolly; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Ellwood Bella.
A memorial service will be held Friday, March 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home at 31 Arch St., Greenwich. She will be laid to rest in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich