GREENWICH, Conn. - Phyllis Herman of Greenwich died June 25. She was 79.
Herman was born Dec. 3, 1934. She received her Masters in Education at Bank Street College. She later completed a Masters in Nutrition, and worked as a nutritional consultant. She became a certified Kripalu yoga teacher, a Healing Touch volunteer at the Bendheim Cancer Center, a docent at the Bruce Museum, a board member of At Home in Greenwich, and a member of Chavurat Deevray Torah for over 40 years.
Herman is survived by her children, Jennifer Clair and Jonathan Herman, their spouses, Stephen Clair and Jason Wise; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Ivan G.
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 27 at Temple Sholom in Greenwich at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Herman’s name to At Home in Greenwich, an elder-care organization which she cared about deeply.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich