WILTON, Conn. - Peter Richard Allwork of Wilton, formerly of Greenwich, died Monday, June 23. He was 81.
Allwork was born Jan. 21, 1933, in Manhattan, N.Y., and was the son of Percy and Dorothy Allwork. He lived in Greenwich for most of his life prior to moving to Wilton in 2009. He graduated from Friends Academy in 1950 and from Johns Hopkins University in 1954. He served as a disbursement officer in the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S. Kearsarge.
He worked at CBS and Blue Cross. After retirement he continued on as an entrepreneur with independent businesses, namely Hamco-Allwork and Allwork-and-No-Play, that specialized in selling and setting up Point Of Sale systems in local area restaurants.
Allwork is survived by his niece, Debra Lill; two great nephews and a great niece; and a great great nephew. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Elizabeth Grell; and niece, Shelley Chambers.
Services and interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich