PONTE VEDRA, Fla. - Peter Duane Juan of Ponte Vedra died March 16. He was 57.
Juan was born Dec. 17, 1956, to Rosemary Coyne Juan and Henry W. Juan, Jr. DDS. He graduated in 1974 from Brunswick School in Greenwich, Conn. He continued his education at Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla. where he received a BS degree in Behavioral Sciences and was a member of the Kappa Alpha Fraternity. He subsequently attended Cambridge University in the U.K. where he earned his L.L.M. Master of Law degree from Magdalene College.
He practiced law at Shea & Gould in New York City where he specialized in immigration and zoning law. In 1998, he opened his own law practice in Jacksonville and in Greenwich, Conn. He was a member of the Greenwich Country Club and the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club.
Juan is survived by his son, Tucker Gibbs Juan of Jacksonville; mother, Rosemary; siblings, Pamela Juan Hayes and Henry W. Juan III (Marilyn Peek); and nieces and nephews all from Greenwich, Conn. He was predeceased by his father, Dr. Henry W. Juan, Jr.; and his sister-in-law, Diane Hall Juan.
A private family burial will take place Friday, March 28 at St. Mary's Cemetery in Greenwich, Conn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Juan’s name to the Convent of the Sacred Heart, 1177 King St., Greenwich, CT 06831.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 Man Who Rear Ends Two Cars On I-684 Faces DWI Charge, State Police Say