GREENWICH, Conn. - Olivia Joyce Cottrell LeVan of Greenwich died Friday, July 18. She was 90.
LeVan was born Oct. 14, 1923, in Brighton, England, to Thomas Cottrell and Liliane (Essling) Cottrell. She was raised in Bexhill-on-Sea, Sussex. After her marriage she came to the U.S., and lived in Nazareth, Pa. She became a U.S. citizen in November 1953. In 1971, after her husband’s transfer to Greenwich, she worked for over 20 years as an executive secretary at various companies including Timex, Heminway & Bartlett, Greenwich Academy (Headmaster's secretary), Greenwich Hospital, American Optical Corporation, and for Amb. Joseph Verner Reed.
LeVan is survived by her daughter, Denise LeVan of Stamford; stepsister, Sally Thorpe of Hailsham, E. Sussex, U.K.; and step-brother, Robin Cottrell, of London, U.K. She was predeceased by her husband, Arthur.
Service will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Masonicare Hospice Care, CT Chapter of Alzheimer's Association, or Friends of Felines, Stamford.
Arrangements entrusted to Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Native Earns Field Hockey All-Region Honors