FT. MYERS, Fla. - Norman G. Gans of Ft. Myers died Jan. 9. He was 89.
Gans was born in Port Chester, N.Y., to Joseph and Flora Gans in 1924. He was an Eagle Scout and a decorated combat veteran serving in the U.S. Army during World War II, he was awarded the Purple Heart. He and his brother Irwin were partners in the daily operations of the Greenwich Oil Co., in Greenwich. He was a member of the Greenwich Boat Club in Greenwich.
Gans is survived by Irwin, Marion, Eddy, Robert and Julie Gans; stepson, Peter; step daughter, Nina; and companion and friend, Barbara Mantel. He was predeceased by his wife, Athalie Gans.
A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15 inside the chapel at Riversville Cemetery, 1 Memory Lane. Glenville.
For more information, please visit: http://www.zionchapel.com
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview