FT. MYERS, Fla. - Norman G. Gans of Ft. Myers died Jan. 9. He was 89.
Gans was born in Port Chester, N.Y., to Joseph and Flora Gans in 1924. He was an Eagle Scout and a decorated combat veteran serving in the U.S. Army during World War II, he was awarded the Purple Heart. He and his brother Irwin were partners in the daily operations of the Greenwich Oil Co., in Greenwich. He was a member of the Greenwich Boat Club in Greenwich.
Gans is survived by Irwin, Marion, Eddy, Robert and Julie Gans; stepson, Peter; step daughter, Nina; and companion and friend, Barbara Mantel. He was predeceased by his wife, Athalie Gans.
A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15 inside the chapel at Riversville Cemetery, 1 Memory Lane. Glenville.
For more information, please visit: http://www.zionchapel.com
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Greenwich Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms