GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary V. Caputo of Greenwich died Monday, July 7. She was 84.
Caputo was born Dec. 3, 1929, in Newark, N.J., to Nicholas and Virginia (Buttiglione) Noia. She was a 56-year resident of Greenwich. She graduated from Port Chester High School and the Trap Hagen School of Design in New York City. She worked as a bookkeeper with the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. She was a volunteer for several years for the Alzheimer's Association and the St. Roch Feast.
Caputo is survived by her daughter, Valerie Pisano (Tony) of Greenwich; sons, Frank D. Caputo Jr. (Pilar) of Darien, Michael Caputo (Iriana) of Greenwich and Jeffrey Caputo of Ohio; and eight grandchildren three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Frank D. Caputo Sr.; and grandson, Michael Ryan Caputo.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 9, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., Greenwich. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday July 10, at St. Roch Church, 10 St. Roch Ave., Greenwich. Entombment will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery, Greenwich.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to CallARide 37 Lafayette Place, Greenwich, CT 06830 or TAG, 13 Riverside Ave., Riverside, CT 06878.
- 1 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky