GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary Olive Hogeman of Greenwich died April 5. She was 90.
Hogeman was born Aug. 13, 1923, in London to Olive Edith Danter and Edwin George Danter. She was educated in London and worked for the British Admiralty during World War II. Stationed in Bath, England, she served in the Actuarial Department.
After her marriage she moved with her husband to West Hartford, where they lived for 23 years. In 1969, they moved to Worcester, Mass., where they lived until 1974 and then moved to Greenwich. She was a member of Indian Harbor Yacht Club in Greenwich.
Hogeman is survived by her daughters, Jane D. Hogeman of Greenwich and Susan H. O'Connor of Oakton, Va.; son-in-law, Timothy K. O'Connor; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, George L. Hogeman;and sister, Vera Danter.
A private family memorial service in Orleans, Mass., is planned for summer.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of Mary O. Hogeman to Orleans Pond Coalition, PO Box 2485, Orleans MA 02653 or to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to support cancer research and patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, P.O. Box 849168, Boston, MA 02284 or via www.dana-farber.org/gift.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place