GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary G. Blancato, a resident of Greenwich, and formerly of Port Chester, N.Y., died May 4. She was 92.
Blancato was born July 6, 1921, in New York City, to William and Ina Cockburn McLean. She was raised and educated in Port Chester graduating from Port Chester High School. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Greenwich and a volunteer at the Bruce Museum. She was an office manager for Safe Flight Instrument Corp. at Westchester County Airport for 48 years and worked up until January of this year.
Blancato is survived by her sons, Richard Blancato (Marie) of Greenwich and Kenneth Blancato (Karen) of Beverly Hills, Calif.; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, James V. Blancato.
Calling hours are from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, May 7 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A memorial service will be announced at a later date and interment is private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may made to First United Methodist Church of Greenwich, 59 East Putnam Ave., Greenwich, Ct. 06830.
- 1 Time Warner CEO Buys Waterfront Home In Greenwich For $19 Million
- 2 3 Greenwich High Football Assistants Quit After Head Coach Exits
- 3 Fire Engulfs Greenwich Home Friday Morning
- 4 Greenwich Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Greenwich With Snow, Ice In Forecast