GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary Ella Griswold of Greenwich, and Hobe Sound, Fla., died Jan. 13. She was 91.
Griswold was born April 17, 1922, in Suffern, N.Y.; daughter of Alexander Dawson Henderson Jr. and Mary Barnes Anthony Henderson. She graduated from the Dwight School for Girls. She moved to Greenwich shortly after her marriage to Stuart W. Hinrichs in 1943. In 1985, she married John S. Griswold. She was a member of Round Hill Club, Jupiter Island Club, Hobe Sound Yacht Club, and had been active for many years with Green Fingers Garden Club and Jupiter Island Garden Club.
Griswold is survived by her children, Robert S. Hinrichs (Anne) of Guilford, Vt., Susan H. Thomas, Sally H. Larson both of Eagle Springs, N.C., and Peter A. Hinrichs (Susan) of Greenwich; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; six step children; brother, Alexander D. Henderson III (Donna) of Carmel, Calif.; and half-brother, A. Douglas Henderson of Lexington, Kentucky and Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. She was predeceased by her first husband, Stuart W. Hinrichs; and second husband, John S. Griswold.
Memorial services will be held in the spring in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies