GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary A. Christiansen, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Sunday, Feb. 24. She was 86.
Christiansen was born July 17, 1926 in Port Chester, N.Y. to Frank and Millie (Salerno) Mitchell. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1945. Christiansen was a member of St. Rocha’s Senior Group and the Western Greenwich AARP.
She is survived by her two sons, Donald Christiansen of Greenwich and Robert (Ferna) Christiansen of Stamford; two daughters Patti Ann Christiansen of Greenwich, and Diane (Ihor) Jakymec of Brookfield, Conn.; two grandsons; one great grandson; many nieces and nephews. Her husband, Chet predeceased her in June of 1993.
Calling hours will be Saturday, March 2 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, Inc., 134 Hamilton Ave. in Greenwich. Burial will be private.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care