GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary A. Christiansen, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Sunday, Feb. 24. She was 86.
Christiansen was born July 17, 1926 in Port Chester, N.Y. to Frank and Millie (Salerno) Mitchell. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1945. Christiansen was a member of St. Rocha’s Senior Group and the Western Greenwich AARP.
She is survived by her two sons, Donald Christiansen of Greenwich and Robert (Ferna) Christiansen of Stamford; two daughters Patti Ann Christiansen of Greenwich, and Diane (Ihor) Jakymec of Brookfield, Conn.; two grandsons; one great grandson; many nieces and nephews. Her husband, Chet predeceased her in June of 1993.
Calling hours will be Saturday, March 2 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, Inc., 134 Hamilton Ave. in Greenwich. Burial will be private.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich