GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary A. Christiansen, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Sunday, Feb. 24. She was 86.
Christiansen was born July 17, 1926 in Port Chester, N.Y. to Frank and Millie (Salerno) Mitchell. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1945. Christiansen was a member of St. Rocha’s Senior Group and the Western Greenwich AARP.
She is survived by her two sons, Donald Christiansen of Greenwich and Robert (Ferna) Christiansen of Stamford; two daughters Patti Ann Christiansen of Greenwich, and Diane (Ihor) Jakymec of Brookfield, Conn.; two grandsons; one great grandson; many nieces and nephews. Her husband, Chet predeceased her in June of 1993.
Calling hours will be Saturday, March 2 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, Inc., 134 Hamilton Ave. in Greenwich. Burial will be private.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford