GREENWICH, Conn. - Mary A. Christiansen, a lifelong resident of Greenwich, died Sunday, Feb. 24. She was 86.
Christiansen was born July 17, 1926 in Port Chester, N.Y. to Frank and Millie (Salerno) Mitchell. She graduated from Greenwich High School in 1945. Christiansen was a member of St. Rocha’s Senior Group and the Western Greenwich AARP.
She is survived by her two sons, Donald Christiansen of Greenwich and Robert (Ferna) Christiansen of Stamford; two daughters Patti Ann Christiansen of Greenwich, and Diane (Ihor) Jakymec of Brookfield, Conn.; two grandsons; one great grandson; many nieces and nephews. Her husband, Chet predeceased her in June of 1993.
Calling hours will be Saturday, March 2 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Castiglione Funeral Home, Inc., 134 Hamilton Ave. in Greenwich. Burial will be private.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 CL&P Repairs Large Power Outage In Greenwich
- 3 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million