COS COB, Conn. - Martin G. Mattler of Cos Cob died Sunday, Feb. 16. He was 63.
Mattler was born July 24, 1950, in the Bronx, N.Y., to Irene and Eli Mattler. He attended public schools in Deer Park, N.Y., and graduated from the State University of New York at Albany. He went on to earn a master's degree in business administration from Fordham University.
He was the founder and president of Countrywide Practice Brokerage Inc., a firm specializing in the sale and appraisal of dental practices. He served two terms as commander of the Greenwich Sail and Power Squadron. He also served two terms on the Greenwich Representative Town Meeting.
Mattler is survived by his wife, Risë Mattler; son, Zachary; mother, Irene Mattler; brothers, Kevin and Daniel Mattler; sisters, Susan Policastri and Sheri Mattler; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Eli.
A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at Temple Sholom, 300 E. Putnam Ave. The family will be receiving shiva visitors at their home, 11 Cottontail Road, Cos Cob, from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, and from 3:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 4 Obama's Fundraising Trip, Principal Mishap Top Week's News In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire